Re: DSL connection drops Every 2-4 days
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your margins on your line are as low as they ideally would want to be, so what you might be seeing are occasional drops being caused by spikes in noise. If your attenuation is correct, you're close to the limit for the speed you are set at. You can see if Verizon can improve the line any to make it run at a higher capacity, or you could see if they would enable ADSL2+ onto your line which will help to stabalize it a little more.

donnam1

I just realized - while researching my continuing internet access problem, that VERIzon was kind enough to "UPGRADE" my dsl service and sent me a message on an internet email that I do not use and never look at.  My preferred address is clearly listed as my primary contact, but they apparently didn't want me to refute the increased charge.

However, my service - intermittently bad before, has become intolerable since my UPGRADE.  Now I have been without service for three days.  I was supposed to be contacted by a tech within 24 hoursw - I called back in 48 hours and was told they are "working on my problem":  I use this internet for my business.  This is unacceptable.  I am unable to talk to a Supervisor - she is unavailable.

Why am I paying more money for absoutely NO SERVICE.  Why doesn't Verizon care about their clients?  Will they pay me for the hit to my business.  I am presently using my laptop at my local homeowner's office where I have to bootleg their signal.

What do you all think about Cable - I am ready to switch and just cancel the phone line entirely.  Screw Verizon and the horse they rode in in.  They don't care about service, only their own bottom line - that's why all the help centers are in Mexico and the Phillipines where no one knows anything and cant help you anyway.

0 Likes
SiberWolf1

I'd go ahead and just switch, don't waste your time.

Just got my cable line in today. It's nice to see 16.5 mbps downstream. Sure beats the 1200k that my Verizon line would sync at, then degrade to 32k within 12 hours, every day for the last month. Sure, I'm paying a little more, but I could have got 10mbps for the same price as I paid Verizon... and actually had working service.

Of course, they haven't done anything noticeable to even try to fix it. Two appointments that techs didn't show up for, or even call to cancel, and daily calls where the service center just asks "Is it working now?", and couldn't even answer anything beyond "The ticket is still open, so they must be working on it, but we don't have a clue what has been done... when would you be available to sit at home again and wait for a tech to not show up?" pushed me over the edge.

Goodbye Verizon, it's been.... something I won't ever forget.

0 Likes