Re: DSL connection gets slower than dial up at night
stevec407
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's what I have pieced together so far. I started having problems with my DSL on April 18th. Verizon shows an outage reported on April 19th. The MCO-West contacted me about the outage and did some sophisticated line testing. My line shows low frequency noise and high frequency interference. The didn't want to do anything about the line until the outage was taken care of since they had problems getting to the DSLAM to test it. The outage was cleared on May 4th, so they must have repaired/replaced the parts or pieces that were bad.

They tested my line again and still found the same problems with noise and interference. They switched my line to another less congested IP circuit, and it still has the noise and interference. Wednesday a Verizon technician is coming to replace the NID, check the wiring to the house, check the house wiring, split the phone and DSL at the NID, and put in a dedicated pair to the telephone jack where my modem is.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@stevec407 wrote:

Here's what I have pieced together so far. I started having problems with my DSL on April 18th. Verizon shows an outage reported on April 19th. The MCO-West contacted me about the outage and did some sophisticated line testing. My line shows low frequency noise and high frequency interference. The didn't want to do anything about the line until the outage was taken care of since they had problems getting to the DSLAM to test it. The outage was cleared on May 4th, so they must have repaired/replaced the parts or pieces that were bad.

They tested my line again and still found the same problems with noise and interference. They switched my line to another less congested IP circuit, and it still has the noise and interference. Wednesday a Verizon technician is coming to replace the NID, check the wiring to the house, check the house wiring, split the phone and DSL at the NID, and put in a dedicated pair to the telephone jack where my modem is.

Sounds good! Happy to hear MCO reached right out to you. The interference they're seeing should be corrected with what a field technican can do.

0 Likes
stevec407
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon technician came by today and installed the new NID and gave me a dedicated pair to a jack for my DSL modem. He tested everything and made sure it was all good.  Everything seems to be fine in the DSL world.  Thanks to all those Verizon peolpe that had to deal with this situation.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Awesome to hear everything's been squared away. 🙂

0 Likes