DSL connection speed frustration
dsl50

I have the DSL 1.5 - 3.0 plan. For years I connected at 3.0 with no problems. Then I noticed about a year ago my speed dropped to 2.5 and then even lower......2.1, 1.7, 1.5. etc. Recently a tech came out to see about static on my landline. He was also troubleshooting my slow speeds. He finally traced it to a bad port at the CO. He told me when it was fixed my speed would be restored to the 3.0 I had for so long as the wires could easily handle it. It got fixed and my speed went up to 2.5 for 4 days and I was satisfied with that. Then it went downn to 2.1. Yes, I can notice the slow down. I have spoken to support several times and even asked that ASSIA be disabled on my line. One told me it takes tier2 to disable it but kept ignoring me when I asked for tier2. Another told me it was not possible to disable it. They just kept telling me that I was at the max speed allowed on my line. I had 3.0 for years with no problems ever, and the repairman even verified my line could handle it. So why isn't it back to 3.0 if that is true? I know ASSIA can be disabled but they won't do it. This  has  me so frustrated and I don't know where to go from here to get this resolved. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TYIA

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DSL connection speed frustration
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dsl50,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dsl50

I should add that one support tech said it was because my Westell 327 was outdated, so I even shelled out $40 for a new verizon d-link 2750B router which of course made no difference whatsoever.

0 Likes
dsl50

I kind of  thought this would not get a reply from Verizon. Seems I was right. Numerous chats, phone calls, and here as a last resort.....all to no avail. Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dsl50,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes