DSL down EVERY month for over a year!
John_P007
This is both sad and ridiculous that I've have had my DSL internet go down pretty much every month for over a year now and I can never ever get a reason, requested call back or decent credit/discount for all my pain, suffering, time and heartache this has caused me!
Finally after over a year of calling and verizon telling me EVERTIME that my line is coming up with an issue did I get an agent who finally listened to me that it's every month and said "I'm going to fix this for good!" He told me that he was going to authorize my line be changed over or something- said its costly to Verizon but since its documented that there really is outages every month from my line he will do it he also gave me 800 number said when all was said and done I could call and receive credits for my constant issues! Said my internet would be down few hours while this was being done but he would call me as soon as it was done on Monday he "promised" well this was end of June 2015, maybe 22nd anyway morning came and like he said no internet and got text that Verizon was coming, ok no idea what time it went down but I got up at like 8 am and it was down well now it's like 2pm and still down and never once did I see a Verizon truck nor did I get any call - I call 800 # told my line is still showing being worked on but he would call and check what was going on... Comes back said they are still working on it but they said you can reboot your router/modem. "Would you like me to assist with that?" I say yes and he gets me back on and says I will get a call as soon as everything is all set with my line, he confirms both my phone numbers and I thank him. I go to work and still hear nothing so at around 10pm I call Verizon and get someone from India saying my line is still being worked on and that I would receive a call when fixed. We hang up and I call the 800 number I was given for my credit, agent was nice but said if line is being worked on still I can't get any credits until work is completed well I get a beep on my phone and ask agent if she could hold on I think Verizon was calling me back... It was the agent from India saying he now sees my work is completed (at like 10:30 pm) so I thank him go back to agent from America and tell her so she says "let me check again" comes back says I'm sorry I'm showing on my end still down and says I should call back tomorrow to get my discount. I call back next morning and I was told that she didn't see any work done on my line that agent talked me through router/modem reset and fixed issue! I was like NOOOO! She said she would make some more calls because she read the notes and said I was right this makes no sense.... She said unfortunately I couldn't get a straight answer but I'll take money off for your inconvenience! Ok now it's almost 3 weeks later and my internet is completely down!!!! I call and I'm told "I see your internet is going down on a pretty regular basis let me call a level 2 tech stand by"he comes back says I'm in luck tech said they are going to reroute my lines! I was like WOOOOO I was told 3 weeks ago that was done and that I want to be connected to that tech or tech manager or supervisor and he tells me he can't connect me but assures me they will call me back.... Nothing... Today I get a text saying my issue will be fixed by Wednesday Juky 15th ... Still no call so around 2pm I call get agent who just keeps saying my issue will be resolved by Wednesday I tell her I want tech supervisor to call me! She says that she can't but assures me once issue is corrected Wednesday a tech supervisor will call me! I said no you guys always say that and that I want a tech supervisor... She tells me she put in a remark and that a tech supervisor will call me...
HOW DO I GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER FROM YOU GUYS? I have pretty much every service you provide in my area! Home phone, DSL, directv through you, personal cell phone, work phone! Not counting my work phone I'm paying over $320 a month and I'm always on time and been a loyal customer for so many years that I now lost count and you have made my family's internet experience a living nightmare not to mention that every time my internet goes down it screws up my surveillance cameras go down and the camera guy now charges me a fee to come down and get them going on my network because it's so frequent and keeps telling me to go Comcast! I'm going broke staying with Verizon and I WANT someone to call me and explain what's going on and take ownership and comp me for all the time I wasted! All this and Verizon wireless won't even throw me a few more gigs a month on my service since I have to use my wireless cell gb's due to my verizon DSL being down and not being able to get online any other way!
0 Likes
Re: DSL down EVERY month for over a year!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes