Re: DSL in Boston area dropping frequently for anyone else?
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you  and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes
Re: DSL in Boston area dropping frequently for anyone else?
RiZaJJ

Who did you private message exactly, TonyaD? I see no PMs in my Verizon inbox.

Interestingly, after posting this thread, my problems (for the most part) went away. I still have to reboot the modem about 2-3 times a week, but that's down from 2-3 times a day. I get a few hiccups of speed here and there, but nothing as bad as it was. 

I wish we had more of a choice of providers. If I go with Comcast or RCN, it's outrageously expensive without "bundling" with TV packages, which I do not want. And Comcast's customer service is worse than Verizon's, as if that was even possible. My work in Lexington uses Comcast as the backup Internet line (we also run our guest wireless off it) and it's been down since Monday, with estimate of when it will be back (this is Business class cable internet/TV, mind you). 

I'm thinking about jumping ship to CLEAR. Anyone use their products at home? I'd be curious as to how it fares. 

0 Likes