DSL in neighbood but not offered to new subscribers
dpriz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am considering building a home in a neighborhood where Verizon DSL is the only high speed internet available. However, after contacting Verizon support, they said they are not allowing new subscribers. Since this is the only way I can get broadband at this location, I am not going to purchase this lot if I can't get DSL.

Is there any option to pay more for it? I would pay double the regular DSL price if I could get a DSL subscription.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DSL in neighbood but not offered to new subscribers
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're mostly talking to other users here.  If you want to talk to Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.  Their social media team may be able to provide additional information about the property.  You can reach them via @VerizonSupport on Twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect .

That said, I doubt Verizon has any options to pay more to get a service they don't want to install.  DSL appears to be a product they are investing less in, not more.  Your efforts may be better spent investigating other broadband options or finding another property.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're mostly talking to other users here.  If you want to talk to Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.  Their social media team may be able to provide additional information about the property.  You can reach them via @VerizonSupport on Twitter or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect .

That said, I doubt Verizon has any options to pay more to get a service they don't want to install.  DSL appears to be a product they are investing less in, not more.  Your efforts may be better spent investigating other broadband options or finding another property.

Good Luck.

dpriz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!