DSL internet service is horribly slow. Am i stuck with this base plan?
Coxxxy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im wondering if there is anything i can do  concerning my "snails pace" DSL plan i have. Im pretty sure its a .5 - 1 Mbps. I did a speed test here and got a result of 0.77 Mbps Download speed, and 0.24 Mbps Upload speed. Can i get another higher plan somehow? I have a neighbor thats on a 3.5 -5 Mbps plan but ive been told im not eligible for some reason.  Would contacting the Verizon guy in my area (Gordonvile, TX) help me? I know he can pull strings sometimes to fix/make things happen. This speed is driving me crazy, its been like this for 3 years. HELP!

0 Likes
Re: DSL internet service is horribly slow. Am i stuck with this base plan?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

If you want to find out what Verizon will provision on your line, you need to call or chat with them ( Contact Us ).  If I had an inside contact at Verizon, I'd probably use that, too.

DSL does have speed limits based on the quality and length of the phone line.  You may be hitting those limits.  If you want faster speeds than what Verizon DSL offers, you'll need to switch to another provider.  Hopefully you have options other than satellite.

Good Luck.

pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2
There should be 1.1-3 that I'd be surprised if you couldn't get. Did you try ordering online through My Verizon?
Coxxxy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes i checked. There is no other plan avail but the "Up to .5 to 1". I'll definately be giving the Verizon guy i know a call. He deals with these country fringe issues i think.

0 Likes