DSL internet speed
dtsteven1

I have Verizon DSL. The download speed used to be about 3 mpbs. Lately it's been about one mbps. How can I get the speed back up?

I have had no luck in getting help from Verizon on their website.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: DSL internet speed
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Donald1,

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, Fios TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
Joe410

I have the same problem, I'm going back to Comcast.... Verizon service sucks here in New Jersey.

0 Likes
dtsteven1

Joe4-

I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Don

0 Likes
modemdoldrum1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon DSL sucks everywhere, it is not just you. If Verizon does not want to support copper anymore, then Verizon should do something about it. Nah, it is easier to screw millions of DSL users, because that doesn't cost Verizon anything. They could care less about their reputation, they know that they suck. They also know that there isn't a darn thing that rural customers can do about it. Just take it like the rest of us....The troubleshoother is a waste of your time, Verizon could give you 7MB/sec with the turn of a dial at the sub station. They don't want you to have faster service, because you would be more likely to use something that actually works. They keep you at 2 or 3 MB/sec, so you get frustrated and turn it off. You can't use Netflix or Amazon Video, so you aren't using any data. It is all just a game, and you lose. 

0 Likes
Aquitaine49

When I tried the link to diagnose slow DSL I got a message that said "incompatible with MAC"  My internet has been abysmally slow for 5 days now. I did a chat and the agent said he did something that would improve the service but it has not.

0 Likes
Aquitaine49

When I try to use that tool (1) the slow speed hinders efficient use and (2) it only advances through one "Next" and does not finish the troubleshooting. The Feedback Tool doesn't work at the point either.

0 Likes
Agarner1970

This does nothing but send you into an eternal cycle of links.  I need a phone number to call to cancel DSL.  I understand FiOS is your premium service, but it is not available in all areas and some of us expect what we pay for.  Constant dropping of connections is horrible customer service.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Phone Support is available at 1-800-VERIZON.

0 Likes