DSL internet speed
trackmaster

I am starting to think that Verizon is Throttling down our Internet speed. I have checked with friends around our area about  slow Internet speeds ( dial up or slower ) Every time we contact Verizon our speed goes back up only to slow back down again in a day or two. We only have DSL available and we pay for the fastest speed available to us.

A am collecting information on this before I go to my state representatives and public utility commission.

0 Likes
Re: DSL internet speed
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Possibly a modem/router problem.  See if rebooting yours improves the speed..  Obviously they care less and less about DSL these days.

0 Likes
Re: DSL internet speed
trackmaster

YES we have been around and around with people that we can hardly understand. We unplugged and turned off , reset and all the other things from the verizon script on many occasions   We have been told that our modem/router was outdated and received a updated one. The speed picks up and then back down to a craw in a few days. I have ask around and it IS a common problem but not all at the same time. We are starting that Verizon is charging us for the higher speeds and throttling the Internet speed down. We have contacted our State Representative at a function  last week and her staff will contact the PUC to find out some awnsers for us. We live in a rural area and customer service from many businesses is nonexsistance 

0 Likes