DSL is incredibly slow all of the sudden (Alexandria VA)
Goober69

For the last few days my DSL has been at around .4 MB when I should in theory be capable of getting ten times that. In fact I usually get around 2.5 MB but that is at least tolerable. .4 MB is definitely not. I tried tech support by phone and by live chat and ran into clueless people who tell me things like turning my modem off and on. As if. So I figured I would post here as a final measure before chucking it and going to cable.

I am fairly certain this is a Verizon problem and not something in my house since I have not changed anything in my setup that might have brought on the DSL slowdown. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: DSL is incredibly slow all of the sudden (Alexandria VA)
27CansOfTuna

Also in VA (well southwest), at least on the phone last night after goiong through two hours of support, they seemd to say there was an outtage of sorts and they would fix it in 24 to 48 hrs...

0 Likes
mlaferriere

Its been more than 48 hours and this issue still exists in Western Massachusetts. Once the connection is finally established it works well. No changes in my house. It could be the last verizon tech ran the wire right over the eave of my house (against my advice) and maybe the insulation has worn through but thats still a Verizon problem.

0 Likes
jmw1480
Same issue of unusually slow (relatively speaking) DSL the last few nights in 22305. Unbearable enough on the iPhones that we're using LTE for the time being. Desktop computer's nearly worthless. Options in this area are unacceptable compared to the rest of the US. A shame for the nation's Capitol.
0 Likes
bethlehempa

We have been slow for over a week here in Bethlehem, PA.  We're at 1mbps and our speed test connects to reston va. Any updates? Verizon does not give us any info one way or another.

0 Likes