DSL lost after speed upgrade
Lakmarh

On the 22nd, Verizon processed my order to upgrade my DSL speed and add a home phone line to the account (which we didn't want, but they won't upgrade the dsl without it).

Around 2pm that day, our internet went out. Tech support told us it would come back up as soon as the order finished processing and was no longer pending in the system.

2 days later, the order is complete, but the dsl light on my modem keeps flashing and won't connect. Tech support told me it looked like I had no dial tone or service on the line. They told me someone would look at it on their end and call me back.

No call. No service. Going on 3rd day-on Christmas no less-without internet. And the website is telling me there isn't even a ticket open for me.

I don't understand how upgrading my service had left me with zero service instead.

What is my next step? I just want my internet back.

0 Likes
Re: DSL lost after speed upgrade
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you have home phone service now, report that your dial tone and DSL are out using a cell phone to Verizon. Reporting voice trouble will get the issue resolved faster than reporting DSL trouble.

0 Likes