DSL modem disconnects nightly at 8:25 pm
sciphydude
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Westell 7500 wireless DSL router and 3Mbps service through Verizon DSL.  There is my desktop, Vonage VOIP adapter, Directv DVR, Verizonwireless Network Extender, HP Photosmart all in one printer, Dell laptop (connects wirelessly) all connected to the DSL router.  Every night like clock work, my internet connection goes down at 8:25pm.  I can set my watch by it.  It does not matter whether I am using my internet connection or not.

The green DSL light will go out completely along with the green internet light.  The DSL light will flash green and the turn solid green and the internet light will turn on red and remain that way until I reboot the modem.  Then the connection comes back up.

Is there a setting on the modem page that I can adjust to fix this issue?

When I went on vacation, I turned the desktop and printer off.  The laptop went on vacation with me so it was not connected.  All that was on the DSL router was the Vonage VOIP adapter and the Verizonwireless Network Extender.  The connection was up when we came home.  I was not able to deteremine whether the connection went down while we were away, but usually when it goes down and does not get power cycled, the network extender goes down and will not come back up regardless of the internet status.  When we came back, both the DSL moden and network extender were connected.

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to connect a second Westell 7500 DSL Modem to another phone jack in the house so that we do not have all this equipment on the same modem?  Would that make a difference?  I would disable the wireless on this modem so as to not cause any interference.

0 Likes