DSL monthly charges?
Kerryleigh
Why do the monthly charges increase without your knowledge..I signed up for a 21.99 plan and now my dsl runs 34.99 a month. How can i downgrade it? Ive search the website for links to choose a smaller plan to no avail...thanks
0 Likes
Re: DSL monthly charges?
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

When I first signed up for the 3 mg service I paid the same price.  It was an introductory price for one year.  After that it went up to 29.99

Here's a link to their pricing...CLICK HERE

You will have to contact the Dsl Business office to have your plan changed.

0 Likes
Skier7667
Enthusiast - Level 3
Power Plan

Download up to 3 Mbps / Upload up to 768 Kbps

$27.99/month

I'm a little confusted. I see the Power Plan (online) for $27.99/month which provides for download up to 3 Mbps/Upload of 768 Kbps. I'm paying $27.99/month, but my download speed is listed on the Verizon modem setup screen as 1768 Kbps which when tested is more around 1600 Kbps.

Shouldn't I be getting 3 Mbps?

Message Edited by Skier7667 on 03-12-2009 06:47 AM
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
That would depend on how far you were away from the Central Office.  The further you are the lower the connection rate
Skier7667
Enthusiast - Level 3
I see - so I'm provided the fastest speed that's actually posible based on my distance from my local office. If they could have provided 3 Mbps, they would, for that plan.
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
NOt necessarily.  here's the thing, if you were within 2 miles you should be getting roughly around 2500.  If your closer like I am, I was getting 2695 for a speed.  If you know where your local office is,,,drive to it and get a distance in miles.
Skier7667
Enthusiast - Level 3
OK - I guess you mean the office that does my switching? How do I find out their location? I imagine those locations are internal use only and Verizon doesn't want to make that too openly known - plus they don't probably cater to outside visitors coming by.
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

@Skier7667 wrote:
OK - I guess you mean the office that does my switching? How do I find out their location? I imagine those locations are internal use only and Verizon doesn't want to make that too openly known - plus they don't probably cater to outside visitors coming by.
Correct, that would bel ike announcing to all the terrorist of the world some good targets to go after.  Usually they are right in town...
0 Likes
HROTT
Enthusiast - Level 2
When your 1-year contract expires, you automagically go to the month-to-month rate.  You can sign up for another 1-year contract at  the current rate.
0 Likes