Re: DSL network connection continually drops and reconnects with Westell 327w router and Windows
LRB
What is the channel, where is it, and how do you change it?
0 Likes
Re: DSL network connection continually drops and reconnects with Westell 327w router and Windows
Krnkydude

I did not get a new modem as of yet, I have the D-link ethernet switch attatched still between router and computer. The result is no more drops on the hardwired PC. The switch I had from hooking up other hardwired pc's in the house.

The channel, I originally switched it to was '11'  but I later switched it to '7' as that was not being used in the neighborhood. I was able to see the used channels with a Belkin wireless card on one of the pc's.

To change /  see the channel, you need to get to the modem //192.168.1.1  then enter logon and password. If you don't know then maybe 'admin' / 'password' or 'admin' / 'admin' ...if nothing works then reset modem and use 'admin/password' to get in.

When your in look for wireless, you might have to go through different options to get there.

0 Likes
gill

After 2 visits from techs and a couple line repairs, still dropped connection problems, I change the modem to an Actiontec (Best Buy) model

model GT724WGR, off line for a few hours, been running for a week without a single dropout, the 327W is heading for trash.

Thanks Gill

0 Likes