Switch Account

DSL network connection continually drops and reconnects with Westell 327w router and Windows

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DSL network connection continually drops and reconnects with Westell 327w router and Windows

Message 11 of 13
(6,769 Views)
What is the channel, where is it, and how do you change it?
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DSL network connection continually drops and reconnects with Westell 327w router and Windows

Message 12 of 13
(6,745 Views)

I did not get a new modem as of yet, I have the D-link ethernet switch attatched still between router and computer. The result is no more drops on the hardwired PC. The switch I had from hooking up other hardwired pc's in the house.

The channel, I originally switched it to was '11'  but I later switched it to '7' as that was not being used in the neighborhood. I was able to see the used channels with a Belkin wireless card on one of the pc's.

To change /  see the channel, you need to get to the modem //192.168.1.1  then enter logon and password. If you don't know then maybe 'admin' / 'password' or 'admin' / 'admin' ...if nothing works then reset modem and use 'admin/password' to get in.

When your in look for wireless, you might have to go through different options to get there.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 13 of 13
(6,636 Views)

After 2 visits from techs and a couple line repairs, still dropped connection problems, I change the modem to an Actiontec (Best Buy) model

model GT724WGR, off line for a few hours, been running for a week without a single dropout, the 327W is heading for trash.

Thanks Gill

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.