DSL outage after 7pm in 90066 for a week
robm
Any ideas what's going on? Anyone else experiencing this? I'm not wasting my time with tech support, almost ready to pay the extra $$ and go with cable.
0 Likes
Re: DSL outage after 7pm in 90066 for a week
WVRedNeck
Yea, that's why I'm here now, happens to me every day, like right now at this time for about an hour or so. What's going on? I thought it was internet traffic but with DSL I wouldn't think it that would happen!
0 Likes
Re: DSL outage after 7pm in 90066 for a week
tampa_dsl_user
HI-- I'm not in Florida and just got DSL a few weeks ago---I get putages ALL the time.  Customer support was or said they need to send someone out here to "correct " the problem and unfortunately that doesn't work for me-- I never bother to call them when it goes down-- which is alot-- pretty completely unreliable (I should have read more threads) because I don't feel like having someone come out-- and when it works it works great-- but I haven't had the confidence to cancel my dial up yet and this is now going to start really pissing me off-- because why should I have to pay 2 ISP's?  It's obviously a verizon is aware of and really don't care about it and looking at some of the posts --maybe getting worse.  I could go the cable route-- because if their DSL is unreliable, I wouldn't want to try their FIOS -- you know, if they don't want to provide service to the DSL guys.  Sounds to me like customer service isn't helpful in this department, but I will say on a postive note that both of the reps that I have dealt with have been really nice and helpful and patient.....but I don't have time to be sitting on the phone dealing with a rep. ( from the posts I've read -- it doesn't seem to be user problem and seems like a waste of time)   I need my computer and I need it on line-- I would like to be able to cancel my dial up service.  This was supposed to be saving me money, not costing me more.  I know that if this problem persists and I have to go to cable, I'll dump my landline too.  Anyway to all of us poor DSL users with for some reason are having connection problems---we want you guys to  correct it.  My words on DSL...LOVE IT..when it works!  Thanks for the venting--it's a frustrating problem.
0 Likes