DSL performance is unusable - file a complaint? where?
roads51

For over a year I have spent many many hours trying to get Verizon to resolve the issues with my dsl connection and speed.  Hours on the phone with a refusal to send a tech despite techs finding a short in the line and other hardware problems that were supposedly fixed when I had telephone line problems.  I have had the service for years without a single problem, but ever since Verizon wanted payments from Netflix, it has been nothing but terrible service and support.  I thought when Netflix started paying Verizon that I would eventually see equipment upgrades to fix these issues, but I've given up on that pipe dream.

Most of the time we can't even load a webpage or email, we don't even bother trying in the evening anymore.  I used to watch Nefflix any time day or night without a single buffer.  I am near to cancelling that subscription because I can never watch it (and, I am not talking about HD content)

My internet was down the other day (not just slow and unusable) and apparently repairs were made, but of course there is no opportunity to speak with a human, all you get is an automated phone call, which I didn't press 3 fast enough, so now I have no way to respond that it is not fixed.  The internet connection may be there, but it is just as unusable as before.  I am constanlty timed out all day long, and, as mentioned, don't even try in the evening.

When I signed up years ago, there were no speed ranges like now - my first speed was the lowest offered at 768kbps.  And, I could watch Netflix without a problem.  Then when I saw that 768 was no longer Verizon's minimum, than it had changed to 1mbps, I was moved up to that speed on the same price plan since that was the new minimum.  HA! I'd be happy if I could get anything close to that!  I've run ever speed test out there, including Verizons, and most of the time, it just chokes and dies - the test can't even be completed.  When I do get a test result, it is often .01 or .05 - and YES, that is 'point ZERO ONE' or 'point ZERO FIVE'.

Is there any person at Verizon that can actually do something about more than a year of not having anything close to what I signed up for and am paying for?  Does Verizon have any obligation to make sure their customers receive at least the minimum they are paying for?

0 Likes
Re: DSL performance is unusable - file a complaint? where?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi roads51,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes