DSL service with telephone service?
tmorrill05
Can I have DSL internet without phone service??
0 Likes
Re: DSL service with telephone service?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Yes you can if the area you live in has Dry Loop DSL or Simulated Dry Loop DSL service. It usually costs a little more than regular DSL because you don't have a phone line.
0 Likes
presskat
The nuance to that question is this: Can I drop my Verizon landline telephone (voice) service and keep my DSL?
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You can drop your voice service and keep DSL but that can be a little tricky. You need to call up and switch your DSL payment option to your credit card first since you will no longer have a billing phone number. Once that is done and takes effect you have to place an order to convert your DSL over to Dry Loop Service and then pray it all goes right. Sometimes they accidentally disconnect the service altogether other times it is a perfect transition. Good Luck.
0 Likes
Eastern_Shore_V
when I ordered my DSL a couple years ago, I was told that I could not get dry loop service without the landline. What is the standard in order to be able to get just the dry loop service?
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The only thing that matters is does your ISP sell Dry Loop Service. If they don't then you can't get it.
0 Likes
sunshine_nj
Yes, you can have DSL without phone(voice). I was told, but had to pay for the Dry Loop,very expensive. So I have the real basic phone service,so I didn't have to pay for the Dry Loop... Good Luck!  Smiley Wink
0 Likes
Eastern_Shore_V
Yeah, I was quoted $47  for just the dry loop 3MB service.  I currently pay $31.99  for DSL 3MB and $18.03 to just have the dial tone for DSL  . So looks like it costs the same no matter how its hooked up.
0 Likes
havatampa
Enthusiast - Level 1

For those of you who are interested in DSL without phone service, they are currently running a promotion starting at $19.99/month with a 1yr contract for the "starter plan", which is 1.0mbps dl speed.   Are current DSL customers not eligible for this?   Good luck trying to switch to this plan if you're a current customer.  I've been trying to have my DSL service changed to this for the last 2 days and all I get is the runaround.  I tried to make the change online only to be told that I couldn't and had to call customer service.  Now I get the pleasure of, "Oh you have to talk to the sales dept for that" or "Oh you have to talk to the Ecenter for that" or "Oh I can't help with that but let me transfer you to the so and so dept" where I'm promptly put on hold for an hour.   Verizon, your website and customer service is a disgrace and you should truly be ashamed.  I've never been made to jump through so many hoops in my life, only to get nowhere.  

For the promo:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/HighSpeedInternet/Plans/Plans.htm

0 Likes