DSL speed dropped and more issues
heon

On Jan. 13 I had a phone line issue that you guys fixed (which I posted about on this forum) and I was enjoying DSL speeds of 2.9 Mbps down / .67 Mbps upload, ever since then. The dsl filters were also replaced then and I was not having the internet disconnect whenever the phone was in use. Everything was good.

Sometime this week, I noticed internet connection issues whenever the phone was in use. The DSL modem would lose sync whenever the landline phone was picked up and a dial tone was heard.

Yesterday I noticed the speeds dropped to 2.3Mbps. Today the speeds are 1.48 Mbps /.37 Mbps. The internet still disconnects whenever the phone is in use.

Absolutely nothing changed on my end. I installed new filters yesterday. I tried four new filters and they all don't work.

0 Likes
Re: DSL speed dropped and more issues
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2

Sounds like you should call VZ and ask them to install a whole-home filter which splits the DSL at the NID box.

0 Likes
heon

Thanks for the reply pjsutton. I think the splitter approach, as opposed to the filter, is not necessary because I only have one phone in the house. The line going to the phone and modem is like 10 feet from the NID. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will keep this alternative in mind.

0 Likes
pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2

It doesn't have anything to do with the distance.  It really has more to do with the quality of the line.  Especially if you have a a large distance between you and the CO.

Also, there could be a bad connection with some of the wires in the NID.

It looks like what happened is that the line optimzer sensed poor lin quality and dropped you down from 3360/864 to 1792/448, the next lowest tier.

Do you know how to log in to your router and post the line stats?

0 Likes
tonybone

I think they dropped the speed on the 5th. They sent a message indicating they were having line problems. Suppose to come back today at 1845HR. I think all of them, internet, cable, satilite,are messing with us. I hope they all goBK.

0 Likes