DSL speed issue and customer service
winchestersboys

I am having horrible issues with DSL speed and connectivity. I am constantly being kicked off the internet, or it runs so slow that it times out. I called Verizon because after a month of this issue, I've had enough. I attend online college, so this is a more than "I just can't surf Facebook". After speaking to the representative, I just was so frusrated I hung up on him. I am pursuing a degree in IT. I'm not stupid when it comes to working with computers. I have one laptop, and three smart phones that use the wi-fi, but very rarely are they ever all on at the same time. I do not have the laptop wired into the modem. I know that using a wireless connection will result in a slower speed than a wired one, but not drastically. My speed test results are constantly fluctuating, but they are typically low. I am subscribed to the High Speed Internet Enhanced plan. My last speed test showed a ping of 132, download of 1.05, and upload of .63 (screen shot saved). At this point, between the constant problems on the landline for years and now being told to "close web browsers and delete files to free up you HD" as a method of solving this issue, I am really fed up with Verizon and their service. My landline is only established for the DSL. If this issue can't be resolved I can find internet elsewhere.  

0 Likes
Re: DSL speed issue and customer service
FR4NKMC

exchange may be saturated... request that they check the dslam and possibly reroute you to a less busier one.

i live in a rural town outside of dallas and went through issues similar to yours more often than not.  after consistently hounding verizon to the point that my "issue" was esclated all the way up to corporate, the matter was somewhat resolved but i ask... did i really have to go that far to get things fixed?

hope this bit of info helps.

0 Likes
Re: DSL speed issue and customer service
winchestersboys

I will definitely give that a shot. I am also very rural, so I wonder how much that has to do with it. Hopefully when I call next time I will get someone that is willing to accept that it might just be a problem on their end. I wanted to add, this isn't just happening with the computer, but the cells as well. The wi-fi will just quit working because of timing out. So very frustrating!

0 Likes