Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

DSL wifi disconnecting

Contributor
Contributor

DSL wifi disconnecting

Message 1 of 2
(737 Views)

I have a westel  D90-327W15-06 router that has started disconnecting my Wi-Fi after around 20 minutes.  If I hardwire to the box I get internet. Turning it off for a few minutes sometimes fixes the problem.  I have tried two other routers gt784wnv and a dsl-2750B and get the same result so I am convicted it is something Verizon is purposely doing because they want me to get rid of the dsl and pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for fios.  I have tried looking on the Verizon website for a firmware update but it is nonexistent. Calling Verizon send me to inda which is of no help either.  Has anyone else had (and fixed) this problem?         

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: DSL wifi disconnecting

Message 2 of 2
(668 Views)

Most modem combo's Wi-Fi sucks.

It would be better to this...

#1 Get your own RJ-45 WAN port NAT router.

#2 Make sure that the WAN Port of the RJ-45 WAN port router works.

#3 Put the RJ-45 WAN port router in the most central place of the house/business (if it is not there already). Note: Where central also means, not top floor/bottom floor - not just center the other way.

#4 Put the modem combo into bridge mode. See REF = http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

#5 Profit. 🙂

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.