citygrl4or

I have a DSL connected to my desktop computer, but I also use a laptop that is not in the same room.  Sometimes I lose the signal, and other times the signal is very weak.  My question is, "Can I use a second wireless router to boost the signal for my laptop?"

0 Likes
Re: DSL
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hey citygrl4or, you can daisy chain your routers but we don't support that, you can even get a booster of some sort, but those wouldn't be supported by Verizon. You  may want to try adjusting  your channel settings on your router. By any chance do you have a 2.4 Ghz cordless phone? That could be causing an issue.

Constance P

citygrl4or

Is there any other solution that Verizon would support?  The things you mentioned in your reply may help but it can't be guaranteed by Verizon.  We pay enough for your service, there has to be something that will help and be supported.

0 Likes
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Did you try changing the channel on your router? Usually channel 11 is the better channel or even channel 6. You didn't mention if you had a cordless phone in the house. Wireless signals are tricky because of various different interferance within and around the home. Where is your router located?