Default username and password for WIFI router
lmlavinjr

If I want  to login to my wifi router, and check firewall setttings etc... Is there a default username and password? I am trying to figure out why I cannot remotely connect to WEMO devices from outside my home network.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Default username and password for WIFI router
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

The wifi name (SSID) and password are normally on the sticker on the router.

SSID and PASSPHRASE for connected to the wifi are on the router.  Not sure if its true for the DSL accounts, but for FIOS routers you can lookup the current value, even if you changed it on your account pages and on your TV screen from a page in your STB.

The original poster wants to login ot his router.  The admin password of the router, has varied over the years and over models of wifi router.  When I had DSL it was
"admin" and "password"

When I went to FIOS it was

"admin" and "password1"  and if you reset the router was "admin" and "password"

But at some point the changed the software and the password changed to the serial number of the router.  Reseting the router caused it to ask you to set an admin id and password.  Newer routers have a admin password listed on the sticker and I think all when reset go back to that printed value.

So id is "admin" if you changed and forgot you will have to reset the router.

The password is probably

• Value you set (if forgot, you have to reset the router)
  • Value printed on sticker
  • Serial number on sticker or
  • "password1"
  • 'password"
  • not set (may ask you to set first time you login)
  • something else the router manufactures set.  Check doc for that router if you can.  If can't find mention your router manufacturer and model and version number so someone who is familiar with that router can help

Remember you are asking peers here.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

SSID and PASSPHRASE for connected to the wifi are on the router.  Not sure if its true for the DSL accounts, but for FIOS routers you can lookup the current value, even if you changed it on your account pages and on your TV screen from a page in your STB.

The original poster wants to login ot his router.  The admin password of the router, has varied over the years and over models of wifi router.  When I had DSL it was
"admin" and "password"

When I went to FIOS it was

"admin" and "password1"  and if you reset the router was "admin" and "password"

But at some point the changed the software and the password changed to the serial number of the router.  Reseting the router caused it to ask you to set an admin id and password.  Newer routers have a admin password listed on the sticker and I think all when reset go back to that printed value.

So id is "admin" if you changed and forgot you will have to reset the router.

The password is probably

• Value you set (if forgot, you have to reset the router)
  • Value printed on sticker
  • Serial number on sticker or
  • "password1"
  • 'password"
  • not set (may ask you to set first time you login)
  • something else the router manufactures set.  Check doc for that router if you can.  If can't find mention your router manufacturer and model and version number so someone who is familiar with that router can help

Remember you are asking peers here.