Re: Did anyone else get a price increase in their bill without prior notification?
cyitssunny
Enthusiast - Level 2

yep, checked thru everything ( I get my bills online so that was the first place I looked!!)..no notice whatsoever!!

0 Likes
Re: Did anyone else get a price increase in their bill without prior notification?
Allentwnguy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon sent my notice to my e-mail on the web site but it didn't bet dellivered to my e-mail on the computer.

Verizon is just trying to drive dry-loop DSL and DSL customers away.  They bypassed the cities (I live in buffalo) with their Fios and now are raising rates on the DSL customers.  Mainly because we don't have telephones at home.  You can't get DSL anymore without a phone service.  It sucks.  I constantly get slow download speeds and by slow I mean less than 1 Meg.  Call to see what's up and get the infuriating automated crap.  I haven't seen the price increase yet but as soon as I do we will be going to Time Warner Cable modem.  For the first year it will be 5 bucks cheaper with more than twice the speed.  And as soon as my Verizon Wireless contract is up I will be moving to another wireless carrier as well.  Verizon has the worst customer service as well as the lousiest DSL speeds.

0 Likes
Kevinlangan

I received an e-mail with the notice of increase.  It was increased to try and force you to sign up with their FIOS service and take a bundle with phone, internet, and TV.  Then they will keep your internet rate at $20/mo. They will only consider not raising your DSL rate if FIOS is not offered in your area.  Verizon and Comcast are now trying to force all customers to sign up for their bundles.  I thought once Verizon FIOS came into my neighborhood, it would force comcast to stop raising their rates as the monopoly on TV cable in my area. The rate increases have become more scarce, but BOTH companies are driving customers to choose one or the other for ALL their services; phone, internet, and TV.  So much for competition, since neither gives you a better deal than the other.  But they want to force you to make a choice. Or pay outrageous rates for a la carte items without a bundle.

Verizon says in its letter to you of the increase, that it is due to upgrades in their services.  That is a croc.  DSL service is cheaper than it ever was for the companies, and prices should actually be dropping.  But they aren't.  It is also a fact that Verizon is losing customers to its DSL service over these increases.  Lets see how long they put up with that trend.

I was forced to discontinue my international city rate plan on my landline to compensate for the increase in DSL service.  Now I will look to Comcast next to replace my Verizon DSL service when the next increase surely comes down the road.

0 Likes
Garu29
Enthusiast - Level 2

My plan is shooting up $35. I found out by accident when I signed into my account online. I'm calling tomorrow to cancel my plans. FIOS only cares about new customers. They don't care anymore about existing customers. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Garu29 wrote:

My plan is shooting up $35. I found out by accident when I signed into my account online. I'm calling tomorrow to cancel my plans. FIOS only cares about new customers. They don't care anymore about existing customers. 

This a four year+ old thread. I would start it as fresh. However the price increase is because your discounts fall off, or there is a general price increase. Both can happen.

if not in a contract then you can search around for better service. Or call the number on your invoice 1-800-VERIZON and play the let’s make a deal game.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes