Difficulty with service/support/set up
E298F622

Like the title says, I am having alot of trouble getting set up with DSL service.  Never had so many problems handing a company money before.  In most interactions with Verizon I am very pleased, and the support people certianly appear to be helpful, but with this transition I am beyond frustrated.  This post is kind of a last ditch effort to save a failing relationship.

A long time ago (2 months) in a land far far away (30 minutes) there was a working man who was very happy.  He had all he could ever want with his FIOS high speed internet and television.  Oh how the happy light beams blasted through the strands of glass delivering video chat to the other side of the world for his wife, gaming for him, and at the same time on demand television for a gazzillion channels.  But then, his lease was up on his apartment and he decided to move 30 minutes out of town to cut his rent in half, that was when the bad things came.

With much sadness he was told that Verizon did not offer FIOS where he was going, so with a sad face he called comcast to have cable set up.  With 25 days to move it was no problem to set up the install date for a day that was conveniant for him.  Then, the evil comcast began the witchcraft they were known for, and started calling him to change the install date for EVEN LONGER and on days when he was not off.  The worst part was when the evil dooers attempted to gaslight this working man, insulting his intelligence and acting like a bully!  With defiance he cursed the lands of comcast packed his cart and started down the internet for another provider with no clear destination. 

With despair gripping his right hand and a index finger frozen from lack of providers...  in the distance a light, welcoming in the cold.  "DSL service up to 1.1mbs 55.00$" is what it said.  With much delight this working man ran to this light, and to his utter delight it was Verizon his old friend!  Oh such joy!  How quickly he inquired for service putting aside concerns over speed.  Happy to be back with his old friend.  So happy in fact that not a second thought was given to why they did not offer it the first time, and how unfortunate that was an omen for what was to come.

That evening was spent with chrome, throttling internet speeds to test DSL feasability, and the next day he decided to sign up for service.  Knowingly sacrificing speed for customer service.  How convenient was Verizon to offer chat service he thought when he went to the website.  With hesitation he decided to go with the chat, thinking "its been awhile since I spoke with the elves across the ocean, and I can do this while I work".  Unfortunatly during the two hours this process took the weather soured, gathering clouds some called "Engineering Group Supervisor" took hold and poured down torrents of conversation in the form of a meeting prior to finishing the order.  The working man told the creature in the chat to finish the order and just send a confirmation but when he arrived back to his hobble (desk) there was no email...

The next day bright and early he bounded from bed determined to get verizon on the phone and confirm the order, but after 2 hours of attempting, and being bounced between DSL, FIOS, and wireless he just gave up deciding "well, why dont I just see Verizon when I return this FIOS equipment to the store?" So he waited two days to handle the issue.

After taking the long journey to the peddlers hut again he was dissapointed, as the man at the counter refused to help him and offered only the aged chant to call the gods (1-800 number).  This time however the gods were pleased and the working man was connected to a person who knew what they were doing.  Like any good mystic he finished his conference smiling, once agian his faith restored.  Verizon was going to send a rider to install the DSL, at no charge, accepting responsability for not being able to self instal.  The rider would bring the needed tools to conjure the websites and once agian, all was right in the world. 

10 days go by and on the day his service would be restored a message was recieved with due haste confirming a four hour window which the rider would arrive.  With much courage he confronted the engineering group supervisor creature from down the hall and demanded his freedom!  Granted he raced home, worried that he would miss the rider.  Hours pass, and the rider did not show.  An hour was spent in prayer with no answer (customer service)  only to hear a voice proclaim that they knew... Nothing.

This story is long and sad, but it is a true story.  It ends with another hour and a half on chat with Verizon, were I was told it was a self install and I could pick up the equipment immediatly from the same verizon store I was at before.  Honestly I have little faith that the equipment is going to work, or that they will even have the equipment.  But what the hey, weve gone this far lets see how completely incompetent we can get.

0 Likes
Re: Difficulty with service/support/set up
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi E298F622,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes