Directv will not connect to Westell 327W
wings515
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have just installed a wired connection between a Directv HS22 receiver and the Westell 327W router.  My network has addresses in the 192.168.1.40-50 range.  The default address for the receiver is 169.254.9.253 with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0

I get error 22 (Not Connected) to the internet on the receiver.  The Verison application screen for the router shows my two PC's on the network but not the receiver.

When I change the receiver's address to be consistant with the other IP's on my network (192.168.1.41), the application shows the receiver's address  but there is still no connection.  I can not ping the receiver. I can ping either PC from the other. 

Directv's answer is to call the Geek squad!

Any help would be appreciated.

Wings515

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Directv will not connect to Westell 327W
wings515
Enthusiast - Level 3

After a whole bunch of troubleshooting help from the folks at the DBS forum, I tracked the problem to a misswired cat 5 cable that I made.  Once I correctly placed wth wires in their correct locations, all worked perfectly.

Thanks to anyone willing to look at the post and try and help.

Wings515

View solution in original post

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
I looked at DirecTv receivers and I don't see the HS22. Is that a typo?
0 Likes
wings515
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are correct, my mistake it is an HR22-100 HD DVR.  Hope that gives some better information.

wings515

0 Likes
wings515
Enthusiast - Level 3

After a whole bunch of troubleshooting help from the folks at the DBS forum, I tracked the problem to a misswired cat 5 cable that I made.  Once I correctly placed wth wires in their correct locations, all worked perfectly.

Thanks to anyone willing to look at the post and try and help.

Wings515