Disconnecting and reconnecting.
a_rikku

I haven't had this problem is some time, but as of yesterday (Nov. 6th), my DSL/Broadband connection will drop then reconnect itself within about a minute.

It had stopped, but started back up against today (Nov. 7th) to the point of where I was loosing my connection more frequently.

My modem is a Westell Model 6100, and it is not wireless.

I've checked my connections, my filters and everything, they're all fine.

I think the last time I had this problem was most likely more than a year ago. So, I don't know what the problem could possibly be.

0 Likes
Re: Disconnecting and reconnecting.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Is this Westell using the White and Blue OR the Red and Black Firmware?

#2 Do you have a RJ-45 WAN port router, connected to this modem?

0 Likes
a_rikku

I'm not sure what the firmware would be, but it connects to my computer via a yellow Ethernet cable.

The RJ-45 WAN port router, no nothing else except the power cord, the ethernet cable and the phone line cable are connected to my modem.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@a_rikku wrote:

I'm not sure what the firmware would be, but it connects to my computer via a yellow Ethernet cable.

Ok.

#1 Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS Servers that your computer uses.

For example, if on Windows XP..

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#2 With your web browser go to the Default Gateway, listed.

#3 Log-in as need be. (the default for the Verizon issued routers is typically user=admin, password=password).

#4 Then answer my question, about what firmware is on it.

0 Likes
a_rikku

Ok, I found the default gateway.

Would I find the information under system monitoring?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@a_rikku wrote:
Would I find the information under system monitoring?

#1 You mean it looks something like the screen at

http://screenshots.portforward.com/Westell/A90-750015-07/index.htm

but without the tab called Wireless Settings?

#2 If so:

a) that is what I meant by the Red and Black Firmware. 😉

b) In the modem combo go to System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transceiver Statistics.

c) Since stats are judged based on the relationships between sync rates, attenuation, noise margins, power required, line mode, etc.

The best thing to do would be to post the stats over at the DSLR (
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,vz ) Verizon message board, and maybe a line test at DSLR, and let the experts at DSL Reports help out.

0 Likes
a_rikku

That's the problem, I try to do the login as you suggested and it keeps telling me that it's the wrong username and password.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh, ok.

Since you do not the current user name and password, what is the exact model of it?

For example the E90-610010-06.

--

But on the Westell Site the user's guide for it uses the Blue and White firmware, as noted at http://www.westell.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=191&arcsection=support

0 Likes
a_rikku

The model that's listed under system monitoring is: E90-610015-06

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

The back has this: Phone Line Connector, USB Connector, Ethernet Connector, Reset Switch, Power Connector, Power switch?

Here is picture..

0 Likes