Re: Disconnects every 2-3 hours
alex_lee
Enthusiast - Level 3

oh i see, i think that is an indication that you are experiencing an intermittent connection, here's what ypu can try :

- check for defective wirings (cable from the modem, phone cables etc.)

- if you have an available / extra filters try to change filters for the telephones.

- if modem and phone are sharing the same jack, try to connect the modem directly to the jack (w/out the phone,filters& splitter), observe the connection for a day

- if this resolves the issue, then a replacement of filters and splitters is necessary

- if not this is a problem within VERIZON's network / line and you need to report it to them.

0 Likes
AeroV1
Still looking for the username/password to log into my westell. I did check the things alex suggested with no luck. I have had this problem before in the past and the last time it turned out to be a problem down at the local verizon station. I may have to end up calling them to get the username and password though. which was something I was trying to avoid.
0 Likes
AeroV1

I got the username/password. Gonna post info here in a min.

0 Likes
AeroV1

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0  

Vendor ID Code: 4  

Line Mode: G.DMT Mode  

Data Path: Interleaved    

Transceiver Information             Downstream Path            Upstream Path

DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)                            3360                                 864

Margin (dB)                                                 17.0                                  12.0

Line Attenuation (dB)                                 27.5                                  16.0

Transmit Power (dBm)                               7.3                                    11.8

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Those numbers you posted are dead solid perfect. You are getting the full bit rate and the noise margins are good. Do you hear any type of noise on the phone line such as static, hum or a buzz? You either have a modem that is beginning to fail or an intermittent line trouble. Keep checking your stats to see if they get worse. Try checking when the DSL goes down and comes back up.
0 Likes
AeroV1
Phone line is clear. Starting happening after a nasty storm we had one night. Could that be a problem in some way?. Also it's set for wireless yet everything is plugged in as well, could there may be some interference there too.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
My only other thought is that the storm possibly either damaged the port on your modem or on the NIC card.
0 Likes
AeroV1
if it's intermittent line trouble would that be a fix from Verizon?. I've had the exact same problem in the past that either cleared up on it's own or a technician at the nearby verizon station fixed it. If the storm did damage things wouldn't the connection get really bad or not work at all?
0 Likes
Michaelcycle4

I am having the same problem on my Westell 7500, only it's more like every 10-15 minutes. But the light pattern is the same. Here are my tranceiver stats:

Transceiver Statistics
Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h
Vendor ID Code 4D5

Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt

Data Path INTERLEAVED

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 1184 448

Margin (dB) 4.6 7.0

Line Attenuation (dB) 63.5 31.5

Transmit Power (dBm) 16.3 11.9

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Your stats are no good at all. Your either too far or you have a bad pair. Try testing from the NID if you can.
0 Likes