Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Do I need/get a new modem if I upgrade from the 768k plan to the 1Mbps starter plan?

cwd10
Contributor
Contributor

Do I need/get a new modem if I upgrade from the 768k plan to the 1Mbps starter plan?

Message 1 of 2
(4,403 Views)

My Netgear wireless router died today, and I was wondering about what to replace it with. I was also planning on upgrading from the OLO 768K plan, using a Westell 6100, to the 1Mbps starter plan. I would like to replace my router with a combo wireless router/DLS modem, but I don't know if that's wise when upgrading my plan at the same time. Is a different modem required for the 1Mbps plan, and if so, what modem does the 1Kbps plane come with?  Is it just  a modem, or it is a combo? Any insight would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
VZ_Constance
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Do I need/get a new modem if I upgrade from the 768k plan to the 1Mbps starter plan?

Message 2 of 2
(4,344 Views)

Hello cwd10....upgrading your DSL to a higher speed would not require you to get a different modem. The Westell 6100 is fine. You can purchase a combo router from us if you wanted but it isn't necessary.

Constance
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.