Down Load speeds and old Modem?
MrDuddly

Couple Questions

Will updating from my old Westell C90 modem to the 6100 or (another)  increase my Download and upload speed?

Plus I cant pull up my modem page at any of these address http://192.168.1.1/    ,     http://192.168.10.1/   ,   or    http://192.168.100.1/

I'm paying for 1mb to 3mb can never get over 1.5, was getting 0.88 mb till I pulled my wireless router out of the loop.

Thanks

Mac Pro 2.66 5G Memory

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Down Load speeds and old Modem?
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Unless the modem is going bad (which it may be if you cannot access the GUI interface), it most likely will not gain you any speed if you switch it out. 

Try hard resetting the router and logging into it again. You never did say what happens when you try to log in. Is it not accepting your user name and password or is it giving you an error?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
FieldT
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you install a router it usually will reconfigure your modem so you will not be able to pull up the modem address. You will need to reset your modem, use a pen and hold in the reset button on the back of the modem for 20 seconds, this will put back in all of the factory settings. You may have to retype into the modem your Verizon username and password, this is your main Verizon email name and password. Then you should be able to use 192.168.1.1  

You are paying for UP TO 3m service, they can have you set at either 3m or 1.5m, they are both the same price, just like 7m and 5m are the same price and 1m and 768k are the same price. If there is not enough signal coming to your modem to get 3m service than they will usually turn you down to 1.5m so it will have enough signal to work properly.

0 Likes
MrDuddly

there is no reset button on this model C90 - 36R516 - 01 unable to access any screen at any of these addresses  

[192.168.1.1] , [192.168.10.1] , or [192.168.100.1] or 192.168.1.0 

unplugged waited.... same thing not modem access page?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MrDuddly wrote:

there is no reset button on this model C90 - 36R516 - 01 unable to access any screen at any of these addresses  

[192.168.1.1] , [192.168.10.1] , or [192.168.100.1] or 192.168.1.0 

unplugged waited.... same thing not modem access page?

#1 Is there any other device that is/was connected between this modem and your computer?

#2 Only if the answer the question one is yes: If so, what is the brand and model of it?

#3 Is this what the back side of your modem looks like

http://www.dsldepot.com/imageViewer.asp?itemID=47&imageID=22&desc=westell-wirespeed-c90-36r516

?

If so...

What happens when you turn off the power with the power switch unplug it for a few minutes, plug in the power supply,  turn on the power switch, and then install that tool from that FAQ that I pointed you earlier?

0 Likes
MrDuddly

#1)  No other device connected 

#3) Thats it 

after turn off and wait still same  -  Sorry on a Mac can't open exe files anyway?

Any suggestions 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MrDuddly wrote:

#1)  No other device connected 

#3) Thats it 

after turn off and wait still same  -  Sorry on a Mac can't open exe files anyway?

Any suggestions 

#1 Do you have any computers running Windows, that you can use?

#2 If you do not have any computers running Window, do you have any friend(s) that do?

#3 If so, get permission from one of your friends.

b) You must download the file from the net. That can be done on the Mac (then some how and way, you must get the file over to the PC). Or if you download on the PC, you could make sure that it is done on their Intenet Access Line.

#4 Once you have the tool on a PC and it is conected to this modem: It (the PC) does not have to go online, to get the modem Stats.

--

OR you could, go get a new modem. Most new modems, are modem combo. Meaning that it is a modem and router all-in-one.

And with most modem combos, there is a web based screen that can work with any OS that has a web browser (not just Windows).

The choice, between getting a new modem or getting any Windows computer (even if you do not go online with it at your location) is up to you.

0 Likes