Download speeds that radically change
Silas3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally frustrated with Verizon DSL. I've done everything they've said. A tech came and replaced faulty or old equipment of theirs outside our home in two boxes. Download speeds continue to swing from a high of 2.84 to a low of 0.19 with no apparent reason, and no good explanation on Verizon's part. Probably going to cancel and go with local cable. Oh yes, I can go through the drill of shutting down the modem, waiting the required time, then get a little relief, but I shouldn't have to do that daily. Enough is enough.

0 Likes
Re: Download speeds that radically change
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Silas wrote:

Totally frustrated with Verizon DSL. I've done everything they've said. A tech came and replaced faulty or old equipment of theirs outside our home in two boxes. Download speeds continue to swing from a high of 2.84 to a low of 0.19 with no apparent reason, and no good explanation on Verizon's part. Probably going to cancel and go with local cable. Oh yes, I can go through the drill of shutting down the modem, waiting the required time, then get a little relief, but I shouldn't have to do that daily. Enough is enough.

Push Verizon to change the router, circuit or DSLAM you route over for your connection. This is the classic congestion issue that is also resolved through that method.

0 Likes