Dry Loop for DSL?
Karl02

For several years Verizon has billed me separately for DSL and landline. In late October I ported my landline to Vonage assuming that that switch would not affect my DSL. Far from it. Verizon switched off my DSL, cancelled my account and then bullied me into opening a new account in my wife's name. I was told DSL can only be had bundled with a phone number. The installer informed me that I could have had a "dry loop" with DSL only - available in California to residential customers.. After a lengthy phone call to Verizon, I was told this was indeed true. My new phone number would be removed without affecting my DSL connection. Not so!! 5 minutes after the call ended my DSL was off again. I spent a total of ten hours on the phone trying to fix this. Opened another account, where I was promised a dry loop. Did not happen. My account disappeared into a black hole and could not be found. While all this was going on, I was told things lke: Dry loop is available, no it is not available, yes, it is available in California only- but not at your address.

I finally had to relent and sign up for a new account with DSL and phone service.

During the last 12 days, I have spoken to numerous agents at Verizon. Some were trying to help, but seemed to be uniformed about the product they were selling. Other were less than helpful, one was unintelligble.

One agent told me that my account was closed by the tech department, because dry loop was not available.

I had my landline with Verizon for 30 years and DSL for over 10 years. I feel like I have been treated very poorly by the company.

The sales department clearly offers DSL as a stand alone product. I cotacted them and was told prices and istallation fees. Why can the prooduct that is sold not be installed?

I have attempted to resolve this issue with Verizon and received some help from a nice gentleman. However, I was unable to contact the Consumer Advocacy number listed in the Verizon phone book. When I dialed the number, I got financial services - not able to help me.

0 Likes
Re: Dry Loop for DSL?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Dry Loop for DSL?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Karl02,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need assistance with your DSL or ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes