Dsl without phone service why do they raise the price.
ToddB

I just droped my land line service from verizon and kept my DSL service and they raised the price of my 3meg service from 29.99 to 43.99  . Now looking for new service.

0 Likes
Re: Dsl without phone service why do they raise the price.
turboloco

I sent you a pm as well in case you didnt want to reply here but just wanted to know about your experience, or anyone else that dropped the phone service.

Hi,
We were thinking of dropping our phone too due to the face that I saw several months ago that it USED to be $29.99 with or without home phone for our tier of service. I saw today that that they raised the price which does really suck.
Anyway, wondering If you did drop the phone and if it was seamless, ie: did you still have continuous internet while they changed your plan, etc. Just wanted to know if it will be a pain in the **bleep** or not.
Thanks in advance for a reply

0 Likes
digdug
Enthusiast - Level 2

(To drop phone service & keep DSL unaffected) What I did was to first call VZ. & tell them you want to be billed separately from phone & DSL. Don't cancel anything, just ask to be billed separately, nothing else.

Few days later  or even a billing cycle later,  call VZ again and tell them to cancel phone service. DSL is not affected. In my case I ported my number to a VOIP provider.   VZ  did increase my DSL monthly charge ($44.99 month-to-month) after I removed the phone service, but my DSL connection was unaffected thoughout the change. Yes in the increase in the DSL rate  *@#$

0 Likes
EEEEEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

First off,  the more services you have with a company, the less you will pay.  You were probably getting a discount on your DSL due to your home phone service.  Secondly, it's very likely that you had previously been in a contract that expired and continued on at the same month to month price.  Once you cancelled your home phone, your account was changed from having the phone to "dry loop" dsl (w/out phone) and this changed your package. 

DSL without home phone is always more expensive than DSL with phone.

fromkn

The price has nothing to do with bundled services.  2 years ago I signed up for DSL dryloop (no other service) and I believe I paid 24.99 for the first tier (768Kbps).  The following year I renewed at 26.99 for the 2nd tier dryloop (3Mbps) with no other service (I have the bills to prove it).  And this year, when I did not renew my account, my bill jumped to $41.99 + taxes and fees.  I called Sat (1/29) to cancel it or get it back to the $26.99 and was told that she could drop it down to $24.99 (I was skeptical and made her repeate it a couple of times).  Now today after looking on the internet my account says my service costs $39.99 (**bleep** $24.99 my a$$) needless to say I will be canceling my DSL today regardless what lie they try on me this time.  My only hope is that I am not locked in now (when I called Sat. the CSR told me I had a 30 day window to cancel without paying the early termination fee if I did not see what she promised, but if she lied about my bill being $24.99 who knows what else she lied about).  I am realy tired of the bull Verizon has been putting me through and quite frankly can't wait to be done with it.  I wish I could have recorded the phone call on my end so I could send it to the BBB.

0 Likes