EMAIL Account Disabled
divaesque130

I was checking my account and just discovered that my email account has been disabled.

What is this about?  Do I need to contact customer service for this?  I really don't want to contac them because sometimes it is just too much.

0 Likes
Re: EMAIL Account Disabled
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I assume you are referring to your verizon.net account. Is this a primary or a sub account? If it's a sub account, the solution may be as simple as logging into the primary and checking the box to allow email access.

Is it just your email access that is disabled, or the entire account? (To check this, see if you can log into the My Account page. If you are able to access that page but not your inbox, then it's just the email access.)

0 Likes
divaesque130

Yes, I'm sorry.  I am referring to my verizon.net account and it is the primary account.  I can log in to My Account page so it is

just the email that I can't access.  Thanks for responding.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If your email is disabled on the primary account then you probably will have to contact tech support. None of us "peers" have access to your account information to tell you what is going on, only Verizon does.

I seem to have pretty good luck getting competent agents with the Live Chat feature on the Contact Us page, if you want to give that a go.

Wish I had a different/better answer for you, but I don't.

0 Likes
divaesque130

I do appreciate your help.  Thanks.

0 Likes
rdcarney128
Enthusiast - Level 2

This appears to be the same exact issue that I have.  Once you sign up for a "portal partner"  like Yahoo, your verizon.net account is permanently disabled.

To access my email using a client (like Thunderbird) on my computer, I must use "incoming.yahoo.verizon.net" and "outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net".  To access my email using web mail, I must go to the Yahoo.com home page, and log in using my verizon.net username and password.

I practically begged Verizon to get rid of Yahoo, and put me back onto verizon.net.  They tell me that once the change is made, this is impossible; supposedly, the ONLY option is to switch to another "portal partner", which is completely unacceptable.  As a field engineer, I find this very hard to believe.

It looks like we are totally and completely screwed.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@rdcarney128 wrote:

This appears to be the same exact issue that I have.  Once you sign up for a "portal partner"  like Yahoo, your verizon.net account is permanently disabled.

To access my email using a client (like Thunderbird) on my computer, I must use "incoming.yahoo.verizon.net" and "outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net".  To access my email using web mail, I must go to the Yahoo.com home page, and log in using my verizon.net username and password.

I practically begged Verizon to get rid of Yahoo, and put me back onto verizon.net.  They tell me that once the change is made, this is impossible; supposedly, the ONLY option is to switch to another "portal partner", which is completely unacceptable.  As a field engineer, I find this very hard to believe.

It looks like we are totally and completely screwed.

As I mentioned in response to your post about this, you can switch to AOL and there is virtually no difference between that and a plain Verizon account.

0 Likes
rdcarney128
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, you did say that.  But that isn't the answer to the question which started this thread.

Regardless, I would still like to hear a rational explanation as to why all "portal partners" cannot be disconnected without completely deleting an account.  If this is indeed true, that means Verizon's internal software is extremely poorly designed.