Email not responding
vforest

On 11-10-09, my email was working fine and then in the afternoon it said that my password was rejected and that the system could not communicate with the email servers.  I contacted Verizon via CHAT and they the email started working again.

On 11-12-09 when I returned home from work I started getting the same error message.  The email worked fine this morning and now nothing.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?  I am guessing that it is with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Email not responding
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

If you are logging onto the verizon.net page, the website is having issues. there is a post about it over on the fios section

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Problems-with-Verizon-net-email/td-p/114224

0 Likes
cosmic2

Thanks.  Yep, my incoming email OK but outgoing not OK.  I presumed it was a server issue at Verizon.

0 Likes
cosmic2

Well, still out and an Outlook TEST email reports:

Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

(Note, I have changed my outgoing port to 587 a long time ago and it has been working fine)

Guess I'll just wait and see if the presumed server issue gets resolved later in the day.

0 Likes
cosmic2

OK, just came back online at 9:30 P.M.  Outgoing mail back working!

0 Likes