Re: Email problems
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Dior55 wrote:

In the "old days", once I deleted an email it was deleted forever, whether it was on my home computer or remotely through mail2web. 

However, over the last 6 - 7 months, when I delete an eamil from my home computer, while the email is gone from my Outlook on my home computer, whenever I log onto mail2web and collect my emails, the old deleted emails are still present and sitting there back at verizon's server (?)... I really like the old way better - i.e., when I hit delete, the email is wiped out forever, and I never have to look at it again. 

How can I fix this issue, I want it back the way it way???

It sounds like your settings may have gotten changed. Not sure which version of Outlook you are using, but  Microsoft tends to keep things similar.

In Outlook 2003, Open the Tools menu and select E-Mail Accounts. Select View or change existing e-mail accounts and click Next. Select your Verizon account (probably listed as incoming.verizon.net) and click on the Change... Then click the More Settings... button. Go to the Advanced tab and look for the Delivery section at the bottom. You probably have Leave a copy of messages on the server checked, and make sure there's a check in the Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' box.

If you are using a different version of Outlook and/or can't find the setting from these directions, let me know. I'll try to find information specific to your client version.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes