Email sub-Account deleted
kc3qb

One of my email sub-accounts has been deleted.  I did not delete it and Verizon tech support claims they did not delete it.  They told me they can not restore it.  They say I should recreate it.  I can not recreate it because the web site says it is not an available user ID.  I created another sub-account and tried to use the same alias.  The web site says the alias is in use.  I emailed the deleted sub-account  from another email address and get a reply: smpt 550 4.2.1 mailbox is temporarily disabled.  This is an old vze@xxxxx user Id's with an alias. My wife has had this email address for as long as we have had Verizon DSL.  Please help keep peace in the family.  How can I get this account re-created or re-enabled?  

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Email sub-Account deleted
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

As long as it has never been deleted and restored before, it can be restored. If the tech support agent tells you it can't be done, ask for their supervisor. They will have to send a ticket to another department, and it will probably take 24-48 hours, but it is possible.

If you didn't delete it, I would strongly recommend re-securing your primary account. Change your password and secret answer to something complex and not easy to guess, and run a virus scan on your pc.