Email
EdF

i am having a problem accessing an email account through Outlook that is not a Verizon email account. On Sunday it worked just fine on my Laptop and my desktop. Monday morning I took my laptop to my office and it was working fine from the office. But when i came home I could not download any of my emails from my desktop, i had left my laptop at the office last night so i figured it was just an issue with my desktop settings. Today I brought my laptop home to make sure both were set up correctly. Now from my home network which is on Verizon i can not download any of my emails even though it was working fine from my office all day today.

I called the Verizon Tech support an when I got the man who was speaking with a very hard accent very fast to finally speak up and slow down so i could understand what he was saying he told me it had to be a problem with my computers settings or with my email provider and not with Verizon. I explained to him how it was working fine from my office today on this very computer and the only difference was that now I was on the Verizon network. He kept insisting it had to be a problem with my computer settings or with my email provider.

does anyone have any ideas why all of the sudden after 6 months of Verizon internet service and NO CHANGES to my settings on my computers I con no longer receive my emails while on the Verizon network?? Before I had Verizon service I never had problems with my emails and the speed of my internet stayed fast all day and night without having to reset my modem daily...

I just need to know how to get my emails from home so I can check on things when not in my office...

0 Likes
Re: Email
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Does this other e-mail provider let you use SSL to send/receive e-mail?

For example http://www.wurd.com/cl_email_outlook-2k-gia.php

^^
0 Likes