Switch Account

Error 25015

Highlighted
Contributor Jormungandr
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(6,557 Views)

Today, my Verizon DSL downloaded "VZ In-Home Agent," which seems to be a new help and support program. It stated it need to install .Net Framework 2.0, so I clicked on the link and saved it to my desktop. However, when it tried to install, I got the following error message:

"Error 25015  Failed to install C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\2.0.50727\Microsoft.Visual.Basic.Compability.dll because of systme error 0x8013117"

I'm using Windows XP SP3. I thought I already had .Net Framework 2.0 installed as it appears when I run system scans with Norton and other antimalware scanners. Does anyone have a solution? Did I or Verizon screw up majorly? Is VZ In-Home Agent really important? Anytime I had a problem under the previous help utility, it just repeated the same steps: check modem, cables, etc which eventually just led me to reset the modem and re-install and set up again. Is it the same steps with VZ In-Home Agent?

2 REPLIES 2
Contributor Jormungandr
Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(6,412 Views)

OK, so far I've received no response, probably because of the holiday weekend. However, I've googled VZ In-Home Agent and it seems to be a FIOS-related program? Is this true? If so, why was it downloaded when I have DSL?

Contributor Jormungandr
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(6,411 Views)

Also, I forgot to mention that I got a prompt to activate my account. I clicked on it and it did the usual install software, etc. Never mind that I already have the software on the computer.  I have to ask  what is going on here?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.