Evening & Weekend Slow DSL & Drop Connections
HPham

I have a similar problem as described by Sapph110. My connection is not only slow (0.54Mbps), but lately I kept getting drop connections specially at night, and on the weekend. Desperately,  I'm taking  Mr.  's advice to see if Verizon is going to resolve my on going issues.

Frankly, I seriously doubt it:

- First of all, how many internet providers would be willing to addmit that they overload their bandwidths with an excessive number of users like me?

- Secondly, if they move me then anyone  who makes the same claim would also get switched. Next thing you know,  the less congested equipment will then become another heavy loaded one.

- Thirdly, our support reps usually claim that the on-line test shows a good, solid connection no matter what. It will be so interesting to see a Verizon technician browsing and discussing his low speed internet with his fellow Verizon on-line reps on the phone.

- Finally, please don't tell me that nothing can be done because I fail to post my phone number, router model, computer operating system, and the so-called system log.

First time Verizon HSI DSL Subcriber

Slowed dsl at certain times of day and weekends

For the past two months I've noticed that my speeds drop to 1Mb (normally I get 6.5 or better) from around 4:30pm to about midnight weekdays and all day on the weekends. Verizon tech support has been out twice and coming back again on monday but they cannot send someone at the time the problem is occuring so they never see an issue. I just read that this problem could be the result of overload on the Edge router. I'd like to request to be moved to a new edge router. I work from home and refuse to continue to pay for DSL speeds I'm not getting. Despite the added expense, I may be forced to switch to comcast.
Re: Slowed dsl at certain times of day and weekends
Bronze Contributor II
02-26-2011 01:48 PM

Try the Verizon Direct forum over at DSLReports. Let them know of the situation and they should be able to move you onto another edge router or some less congested equipment.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Evening & Weekend Slow DSL & Drop Connections
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes