FIOS not available
Kp150

Verizon, since I cannot find a way to email customer service, I hope this will suffice. I went to order FIOS for my home. When I did it gave me choices for high speed internet service, which I thought was FIOS.  I even talked on the phone to people from FIOS about the installation and no one explained it was not FIOS. Come to find out, after I call to find out why my high-speed internet won't stream watchespn, I had just ordered regular high speed internet and not FIOS,which is not available in my area.  How about putting a big 'FIOS is not available in your area' instead of making me think what I was ordering was FIOS? Very confusing and misleading.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS not available
jonjones1
Legend

@Kp150 wrote:

Verizon, since I cannot find a way to email customer service, I hope this will suffice. I went to order FIOS for my home. When I did it gave me choices for high speed internet service, which I thought was FIOS.  I even talked on the phone to people from FIOS about the installation and no one explained it was not FIOS. Come to find out, after I call to find out why my high-speed internet won't stream watchespn, I had just ordered regular high speed internet and not FIOS,which is not available in my area.  How about putting a big 'FIOS is not available in your area' instead of making me think what I was ordering was FIOS? Very confusing and misleading.

They do tell you what is available and not available. If you went to http://www.verizon.com/Fios 

after you enter your address it will say something like “ hold on while we check what is available at this location “. If Fios is available you can select it. If not it may come back with “high speed internet “ this is DSL Digital Subscriber Line which is over copper and not fiber optics.

Since you can cancel within 30 days just cancel the order/service and look for alternatives in your area. Never sign any contracts for any provider. Technology is moving at lighting speed and what was not available today may be available next week or month etc.

0 Likes