Failed attempts to test Internet speed
Lana11

I repeatedly tried to test the speed of my Internet using the Verizon tool and every time the results come as a Failed Test. On top of that, during the test itself, it shows "Poor connection to the Router" message which I do not believe is the case because I checked all the connections and they seem to be in place and my computers work fine.

I tried to do a live chat with a representative but no representative came on live chat after me waiting for more than 30 minutes. 

Has anybody had experience with failed tests and failed live chat?

0 Likes
Re: Failed attempts to test Internet speed
jonjones1
Legend

are you using Fios or DSL-High Speed Internet?

there is a difference.

the speed test is determined by the service level you have and speed provisioned for.

the speed test must also be hard wired and not WiFi.

verizon telephone 1-800-VERIZON and their chat is always busy with long wait times.

you must wait and put up with it since they don’t have staff to handle service requests.

0 Likes
oldcapeowner

Not sure if it is true but I have heard rumors verizon is up for sale and has lost a lot of employees and it's system are failing or degrading as the maintenance is not performed.  This explains why there are so many failures and no one is addressing them.  Sad!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes