Fed UP With this Horrid Service!
Theasian100
So.... I've had verizon Dsl for a while, for a few years now and in the first year I've had to replace the wireless modem they gave me three times. I switched to a Netgear modem and it worked wonders. I recently upgraded my internet to a DSL Dryloop plan. My problem is that Even with the SMALLEST amount of rain or any weather releated events, my internet connection goes out. My last drop was last week and I wasn't able to use the internet for four days. this has been happening even more since I've upgraded. I am using a Netgear DGND3300 modem/router. If anyone can help me, Please do or I'm switching to road runner. This isn't the first time Verizon services has let me down/ make me dislike them even more.
0 Likes
Re: Fed UP With this Horrid Service!
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

While I work for the company, I am not directly involved with DSL services, but I have had DSL for several years. I myself have had to replace to replace the wireless modem. I had been told by a tech who came to my home that if the home is far from the central office, that the modem works harder to maintain connection and that the modem can burn out. This may have been what has happened to you the first few times you replaced the modem.

I was also that the if the line conditions are questionable, a slower speed dsl will perform more consistently than at the higher speed. I don't believe that moving from DSL with phone service to dry loop is an upgrade. Did you change your speed when you moved to dry loop?