Frequent disconnect/ not getting decent speed
Coryb1001

I am experiencing frequent disconnects from the internet when running my xbox, as well as i cannot get over 0.50mbps download and 0.38mbps upload. I am currently on the 3.0 connection through Verizon, which is the fastest available in the area, as well as I installed all new, decent, lines in the house less than a week ago. (the speeds haven't changed)  I am running a gateway setup on a dry system, and am using the GT704-WG-B gateway. I do have UPaP on, as well as have my xbox set active on the DMZ hosting, the firewall is off, and everything else is left factory. I have the wireless turned off, and have everything set through LAN connections, with the xbox in E1. The other subscribers in my area do not have the same issue, and have much better speeds than me, and some of them have the exact same setup. Does anyone else have this issue, or better yet, a solution to this?

0 Likes
Re: Frequent disconnect/ not getting decent speed
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

In there router turn off UPnP, that should fix it..

0 Likes
Re: Frequent disconnect/ not getting decent speed
Coryb1001

I forgot to list on here, we did find a resolution to the issue, and by the way, to run an xbox, you need UPnP on, it allows the xbox to open and close ports as needed; there was a line issue down the road.

0 Likes