Future Planning; How do I get connected? (Frustrated and irritated.)
xaronax

I am posting on this forum to hopefully get any information and assistance I possibly can regarding getting DSL service at my house. First, a little background info.

I live less than 30 miles outside of Richmond, VA; a major metropolitan area that is was a huge testing area for FiOS when it first launched. I had FiOS when I lived in Richmond.

The house I bought is located almost exactly 2 miles from the major highway, US 460. There is a major fiber backbone that runs along the highway connecting eastern Virginia to southwest Virginia and beyond.

My house is less than a mile from a State Route I will not mention, and the business on the corner of this road and the road I live on has DSL available to them.  There is a subdivision that wraps around the back half of my property that contains around 30 large houses, most of them in the $500,000 to $850,000 range. None of these houses have any type of internet available to them in any system I have checked, Verizon or otherwise.

I know that I cannot directly request that someone come out with a Ditch Witch and run a cable to my house, but there has got to be something better than filling out this **** notification form and waiting potentially years with no response or activity.  There is no doubt in my mind that at least 95% of the houses on the same road as me and in the subdivision around me would instantly subscribe to any form of internet that isn't atrocious satellite.

What I'm trying to get at is; there has got to be an office somewhere with people that get paid to plan future expansion of the DSL and FiOS network. I know that it is infeasible to expect FiOS any time in the forseeable future, but stretching DSL another mile seems trivial considering the amount of expansion Verizon does, and the money they are getting from Uncle Sam to wire up country bumpkins such as myself.

All I want is someone to email, tweet at, or even write a nice letter and mail to requesting that they at least take a look at my area and consider it for expansion.

/rant

0 Likes