GET A GRIP
LUPO1

Verizon does it again. Changed web page? Just updated more of the same. All you do is sell your products, the customer comes out low on your totem poll!

Verizon just raised my Hi Speed (sic) DSL by $5.00 per month, without notice! Then the other day to facilitate the installation of the "new & improved" web site my internet service and access to my mail went down. I hadn't been informed about this and thought it was just the "standard" internet loss, I thought, I rebooted my modem, as I do at least 3 days a week. It didn't work! It didn't work the 6 times I tried it! Then the calls to Verizon tech support. On one call the tech asked me to install the Ethernet cable to my laptop, she didn't know that this was a company planned outage. That call took me about 25 mins. Thank god I had to leave my apartment and told her I needed to find the cable and would call back. After returning home an hour later, it was working! Went out again on another appointment, only to return home to a dead internet service, or so I thought! I called and was waiting 20 mins for tech assistance only to be dropped! Called again and got another tech who actually told me about the downtime to work on the site. He directed me to use Google, which I did.

I've been calling and asking about FIOS which is available in my area, just to be told that my building's management needs to request installation. They actually have! But Verizon just sits on it. I guess not enough units in my building! And the worse is when I see Verizon's ads on TV, the trucks, etc. Talking about how much better it is. And the offers and deals! All unavailable.

I fear going over to Time Warner as I know I will be greeted by the same problems I have with Verizon. I've heard horror stories from friends.

We should call for cheap, fast, FIOS type service supplied by the government. I heard an NPR broadcast while my power was out from Sandy. They named a town in TN where the county provided internet connections cheaper that the commercial firms. WRITE THE FOOLS IN THE STATE CONGRESS AND THE FEDERAL CONGRESS TOO! Maybe they'll stop counting the $$$ they receive from big companies like Time Warner and Verizon and take some action, though I doubt that too.

0 Likes
Re: GET A GRIP
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@LUPO wrote:

... I've been ... asking about FIOS ... just to be told that my building's management needs to request installation. They actually have! But Verizon just sits on it ... We should call for cheap, fast, FIOS type service supplied by the government ... WRITE THE FOOLS  [emphasis added] IN THE STATE CONGRESS AND THE FEDERAL CONGRESS TOO! Maybe they'll  ... take some action ... 

You mean like: "We're from the government and we're here to help"?  Perhaps you'll have better luck than others, but if they are indeed the "fools" you suggest, I wouldn't be too optimistic.

For example, I just returned from a short visit to New Orleans.  While there we spoke with many locals about the FEMA help they received after Katrina.   I'm afraid the comments were not entirely positive.

0 Likes