Getting knocked off DSL Internet
NYCityGirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi:

I have been having trouble with my DSL service, I will lose access to the internet on my computer but the DSL light on my router is Green.  Has anyone experienced this problem?

NYCityGirl

0 Likes
Re: Getting knocked off DSL Internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the Internet light going out on your router if it's a Verizon supplied unit or no? DSL light just indicates sync (signal). Slow flash means no signal/sync, fast flashing means training.

0 Likes
irispatchmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I  have the same problem  daily   sometimes  3  or 5 time a day  it must be restarted.    The DSL  light  is on  but the  internet  light  is out.      I can bet on  it going  out  between  2  and 4  pm  every day   yet when  I call service    they keep telling  me  it is  my equipment.    I do  not believe them    and they refuse to send  repairman to  fix the lines.

0 Likes
NYCityGirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Smith6612:

My router is a Verizon issue a Westell 7500 versalink.  My DSL is a  steady light is and the internet connection is on steady. 

0 Likes
Dantoine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. DSL light goes from red to solid green and no internet light. Hence no connection to the outside world.

Having the same issue that you are having. Been ongoing off & on for the past 3 months. Once I get past the baby steps troubleshooting I can finally convince someone in India to let me speak to a supervisor then they admit they are having outages in the NYC area.

I wishh there were other choices in my area besides cable modem.

0 Likes
carman451
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have the same issue

I was told it was a fire wall issue with McAfee thou Verizon.

I did re-installed McAfee but has not helped

I have to reboot my system about once a day

0 Likes
Dantoine
Enthusiast - Level 1

carman,

Its **bleep**... Smiley Mad

Verizon called me several times yesterday to say they were fixing an "outage" problem. Finally they did in fact straighten it out.

There is nothing wrong with your firewall or AV.... next time you call support, ask for a supervisor. Tell them you want to bypass the computer 101 troubleshooting.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Alrighty. Is this still an issue at all? To see if you're having DNS issues, have you tried setting some DNS servers manually in your PC? Sometimes the gateways have issues with processing DNS requests if they take on a lot of traffic and also Verizon's servers are known to exhibit issues from time to time. Often times the modem's logs will clue into this issue if you're willing to supply them.

If you need instructions for any of this just let us know! Keep an eye on the lights too in case the situation changes.

0 Likes
Dantoine
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Keep an eye on the lights too......" hhhmmm you mean the DSL light that randomly goes red, right when I am trying to get some work done?... SURE I'll keep an eye on it. Then what... ???

The problem still exisits.!!! And I'm paying for it!!!

Got nothing to do with my DNS settings.... that is also a lot of ... Bleep...Smiley Mad

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dantoine wrote:

"Keep an eye on the lights too......" hhhmmm you mean the DSL light that randomly goes red, right when I am trying to get some work done?... SURE I'll keep an eye on it. Then what... ???

The problem still exisits.!!! And I'm paying for it!!!

Got nothing to do with my DNS settings.... that is also a lot of ... Bleep...Smiley Mad

Are you running a D-Link modem/gateway from Verizon?

0 Likes