Getting pictures on a FTP client.
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I only want to get seven pictures on a FTP client, is it really necessary to have a web site. Are there any other possibilities?

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Getting pictures on a FTP client.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

No it is not necessary to have a web site, to send/receive pictures with FTP.

0 Likes
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for telling me I don't need a web site to get pictures on FTP. Several years ago I downloaded WS_FTP95LE. That time before I used Verizon I was able to save pictures on a web page?. Then they would show up on the local sysstem of the FTP client. Right now I have saved the pictures in my documents. I am confused as to how to save them now without having a web page. Or is it possible the pictures on the hard drive will show up on the local system of the newer FTP clients?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you have a website, let me get the directions on how to upload and download with FTP.

#1 Go to http://start.verizon.net/

#2 Click on My Account.

#3 Log-in as need be.

#4 Click on My Web Space.

#5 Click on Start Using Site Builder.

#6 Agree to the TOS.

#7 Back at the page, where you could click on Start Using Site Builder click on FTP Server Info.

#8 Follow the directions for connecting to your site.

#9 Once you understand how to upload, download, delete files, create and delete directories using FTP: Depending on your neeed you will have to find another FTP server that will allow you to upload and download.

For example of what one of your needs might be: You want to upload and download Files with FTP, but you want other users only to download the files.

0 Likes
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks again. After using your directions for connecting to the site, as in nr.8, I got  FTP information, to open a TCP/IP connection. How do I do that? In the FTP program I have filled out for host: ftpmysite.verizon.net.  For profile name I used WS_FTP32, is that correct? Maybe I am getting a little bit closer.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonesan wrote:

Thanks again. After using your directions for connecting to the site, as in nr.8, I got  FTP information, to open a TCP/IP connection. How do I do that? In the FTP program I have filled out for host: ftpmysite.verizon.net.  For profile name I used WS_FTP32, is that correct?

Yes that is correct.

Here is an example of the correct settings for Core FTP LE.

http://i45.tinypic.com/mmefxv.jpg

Note: Do not use the user name anonymous (by having anonymous checked ) , use your real verizon user name.

jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

With your suggestions and learning some more details I am able to use the FTP program. Thanks again.

0 Likes
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your help is appreciated.. Thanks again.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonesan wrote:

Your help is appreciated.. Thanks again.

Help with what exactly?

#1 The next step?

Finding another FTP Server that you can connect to so that you can upload/download files, create/delete directories.

If so, I am not sure that I help you much more..

a) I use FTP to download manual/user's guides, to help other people.

b) And for uploading - I only upload to update my site(s).

#2 Using the FTP client of your choice.

If so, it would help to know the name and version of your FTP Client.

0 Likes
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems I beginning to get the hang of this message board. I will start a new thread. Hope to see you there!

0 Likes