HAS VERIZON DSL GONE DOWN HILL ????
titan
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I first got Verizon DSL (3MEG) 3 years ago I was very happy. 99.5% UP and hardly any problems. Well that has all changed. Since I say around Dec 2008 things have been just darn terrible. I was losing connection at my modem on a 2 day up 4 day up and down.  I have had a Verizon repair man to my house 2 times (July2009) nothing wrong with my wirring. Things did get slightly better after they did some work to the lines outside. But starting Thursday 9/13/2009 it alll started again. Came back up Friday but now I have 1 meg dl or less instead of the 3 meg I pay for. Everyone I talk to lately that has Verizon DSL is having the same problems. Seems Verizon is not living up to thier side of being a provider. Anyone else having these problems lately?

I just can't take it anymore I think it is time to find a new provider, I have giving Verizon 9 months to fix it and they havn't. And I sure can not handle them calls to tech support anymore.

0 Likes
Re: HAS VERIZON DSL GONE DOWN HILL ????
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Please post your modem status from your modem.

No idea of what I mean, the brand and model of your modem would help...

^^^
0 Likes
titan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its a Verizon GT704WGB

0 Likes
titan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know how to get into the router and look at the log file is that what you would like to see? Its all on Verizon's end they know they have a problem in my area, just don't think they want to spend the money to fix it. I know of to customers on my street that have cancelled thier DSL and went with comcast.

I personally think they are not going to invest money into DSL they are trying to get FIOS everywhere. Was supposed to be in my town a year ago....

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have never seen the any of the screens for that router, but,I can take an educated guess.

How about System Monitoring -> Advanced Status -> Transciever Stats

?

If my guess is wrong: Please show the first screen that you see, after you log-in to this router..
0 Likes
idetestverizn
Enthusiast - Level 1
I've not had any trouble with my DSL service per'se but their customer service is absolutly the worst I have ever experienced... period. I deal with them only out of necessity. Then it takes me hours to stablize my blood pressure. Best of luck...you'll need it.
0 Likes
titan
Enthusiast - Level 2

When its up its great. But when it starts to act up it will drive you nuts.  

DSL Status

VPI:  0

VCI:  35

DSL Mode Setting: Auto

DSL Negotiated Mode:  G. DMT

Connection Status:  ShowTime

Speed (down/up):  3360/832 Kbps

ATM QoS class:  UB

Output Power (Downstream/Upstream): 11.9/18.6 dBm

Attainable Rate (Downstream/Upstream):  5728/928 Kbps

HEC Errors (Downstream/Upstream):  3/0

OCD Errors (Downstream/Upstream):  0/0

LCD Errors (Downstream/Upstream):  0/0

SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream):  18.1/10.0 dB

Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream):  57.0/27.0 dB

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
I'll assume that right now the service is up because your transceiver stats do not look to bad. If you can please test from the NID and post the results.
0 Likes