HELP PLEASE! DSL isnt connecting..lights are flashing
dragonchick

Hi, I am hoping someone can help. My DSL was turned on the first of Feb and I just got a computer today and tried to setup my connection. I installed everything and plugged everything in and it isnt connecting.

I called verizon and they said it isnt on their end.... its something maybe with my phone line they are sending a technician monday. I hate to be mean but they didnt quiet sound all that sure LOL... anyways the lights on my modem are flashing... the data light and the DSL light.. the internet light isnt on at all... I have a westell 6100G I am connected directly into it.. no router. Also i am showing that I am connected at the bottom right of my screen with the 2 computers flashing says im connected at 100mbps....dont know if that means anything but i thought i would add it.

Is there any settings I can change? i went into the web address for the modem and it is set to PPPoE. I usually have cable internet so I dont know all that about the PPPoE...

If anyone could give me any ideas if there is anything I can change or whatever to possibly avoid a tech and get it working on my own.... I am currently running a dial up connection to troubleshoot my problem so if my dial up will hinder any changes please let me know.... thanks

0 Likes
Re: HELP PLEASE! DSL isnt connecting..lights are flashing
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Since the Internet Light is not flashing, what is it doing..

a) On?

b) Off?

#2 You do not need any filters for the modem. But all other devices, must be DSL filtered.

See as need be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSL_filter

^^

0 Likes
dragonchick

The internet light doesnt come on at all.... it does when i turn the modem off and then back on it comes on for a second and then goes off and then the DSL and data lights start flashing but never stay on completely.. im not even sure if they are supposed to lol... anyway, any help is appreciated

0 Likes
freddyrich636
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get this resolved? I currently have the same problem, they run the line test, with no problems. My service was working fine, I used it Friday 6pm, and around 8pm, I was playing on my XBox, it crapped out, I restarted it, and it worked for like 5 mins, then it crapped out again, and hasn't worked since. I called tech support in India (apparently), they said someone would be out on Monday Between 8-12, then no one showed up and I called and was told it was an internal issue and no one would be coming out and some one would call me in the next 12 hours.... not happy right now, something just doesn't sound right.

0 Likes
i_like_turtles
Contributor - Level 1

@dragonchick wrote:

The internet light doesnt come on at all.... it does when i turn the modem off and then back on it comes on for a second and then goes off and then the DSL and data lights start flashing but never stay on completely.. im not even sure if they are supposed to lol... anyway, any help is appreciated

it sounds like the modem is not plugged into the phone line.

all of the lights are going to initally be on for a split second ( to let u know that the LEDS work )

if the internet light is not on, its not recieving an internet signal ( just like on your cabel modem )

the modem and computer are talking to each other ( data light flashing a lil bit ) and then they dont have anything to say to each other ( data light stopped flashing )

i know its probably plugged into the phone line at the wall, but double check the connection, the cable and all that stuff, the problem probably lies somewhere around there.

especially if verizon said its not on there end